Saturday, March 17, 2007

20070317

Slightly past midnight...we went to a concert in the evening, Minnesota Orchestra with St. Olaf choir performing a version of Peer Gynt, complete with narration, soloists, some theatrics. Very cultured, I suppose.:) Ibsen and Grieg. Nothing like Rogers and Hammerstein. I'm guessing that Grieg really needed the work, but he wrote some wonderful pieces, now quite familiar.

Right. Well, it's the weekend again. I have some practice exam software loaded on my computer to study for the patent bar exam, hope it helps me pass the first time.

Feeling pretty good about things this past day. Kind of nice, some days are harder

C.A. still out at a concert with friends, should be home soon. N. home tomorrow for a week or so (spring break). R. stayed home from school today, not feeling well. P. & Cy. doing great. End of report.:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Wicking said...

Hi Steve,
You would have laughed until you cried if you had been with my sister and I. We got lost going down to our aunt, which was silly because we've both traveled down there before on our own. We left the motorway and traveled through some beautiful countryside, which we would have never seen if you hadn't.
While we were at our aunt's we watched a buzzard soaring over some open fields.
I had some great feedback on my second assignment on my home study course, which I'm very pleased about.
Best wishes
Annie

3/19/2007  
Blogger Annie Wicking said...

Sorry that should have read

'We wouldn't have seen if we hadn't had got lost.'

Best wishes
Annie

3/19/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Annie,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time together, it's so good to be able to do things like that. Some of us forget how important it is.

Great news on your writing assignment (it is writing, isn't it?). I guess you must be doing it over the computer and getting the feedback electronically.

Thanks for this note about laughing, and watching a buzzard soar.

Best...

Steve

3/19/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter