Thursday, March 08, 2007

20070308

Oatmeal with banana and brown sugar, tea with milk and sugar. Why tell the world? Just a homey note, I guess.

Barely light out, darker blue than the recent post on slog2live. But not quiet, there are busy morning sounds, conversations about the dog, the snow, food, departure times, reminders.

Spent time reading with R last evening, "To Kill a Mockingbird" - her class is moving through it at about 3 chapters a day. I really like spending the time reading with her, and it helps focus attention in the face of too many things to work on.

Also spent time scanning through various videos of people playing electric violin, solo with looping effects (play their own background track, then solo over it). Wishing for that kind of equipment now. But really need to stick with the basic ongoing skill development - equipment is no substitute!

Learning new things at work every day. Good crew to work with, some of whom I may only ever interact with by emails, given that they live across various oceans.

Fresh scones. May need a second cup of tea...

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie Wicking said...

Hi Steve, It's 10.30 here in the evening. I've just come home from my English class with Mr.C. I will tell all on my blog.
I'm still working on my Home Study Course, which I'm hoping to finish at the weekend.
I'm glad you're enjoying P D James

Bye for now
Annie

3/08/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Hello Annie - I feel for Mr.C., I think he must know that he's not doing so well. But how could I possibly know? And so, will watch for the report.

What do you do for the Home Study Course? Samples of writing? Or is there more focus on grammar exercises? I know you said something about it before...

Here, it's about 8:30 after a music practice and before some reading with my daughter and then a bit more PD James. So yes, that's going nicely.

Again, nice to have your note here.

Steve

3/08/2007  
Blogger Pris said...

You're watching electric violin videos? I've seen a few before and it's fascinating to listen to both electric violin and cello. In the dvd andrew lloyd webber special from his birthday in England, his son plays this magnificent piece on an electric cello.

3/09/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Hello Pris - yes, I play electric violin in a group and so I'm interested in watching this kind of thing. Cello is such a beautiful instrument, too...thank you for this note.

3/09/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter