Tuesday, May 22, 2007

20070522

Back.

Bought 4 books with some birthday money - 2 by Daniel Pink ('Free Agent Nation' and 'A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future') and 2 by Malcolm Gladwell ('Blink' and 'The Tipping Point'). So that's a bit of reading.

Nice jazzy piano drifting from the neighbor's house, their oldest son, I think.

On the music stand here: Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin. Way too difficult, but I like them. Also some basic exercise books for building bow technique, intonation.

Windy, windy, windy. Sitting on the screen porch with the cool breeze making my books flutter a bit.

Not a lot new. Played Saturday evening, a local guitar legend joined us for that one - what a treat - his web site is here, sound links here.

Late afternoon sun through parted clouds and tossing branches.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie Wicking said...

Hi Steve,
I'm so sorry I haven't dropped by for awhile. I've had been by to read your work.
I brought a camera off my brother and been busy taking photos with it. I've been very pleased with the end results so I will be posting some soon on my blog.

The weather at the momemt here is nothing but rain... wet and windy, lovely....

I hope everything is wonderful there with you and your family and thank you for your comments on my blog...

Best wishes
Annie

5/28/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Annie -
Thanks for the note - my family is doing fine, school is ending and they are all looking forward to summer. My oldest daughter is home from college and she'll be working same place I do for the summer, so we get to spend some time together on the daily trips back and forth.

Sounds like it's going well with the camera, looking forward to what you'll put on your blog.

Wet and windy can be nice sometimes (good for writing).

Thanks again for writing. I continue to pick up PD James stories, which I'm enjoying.

Steve

5/28/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Annie -
Thanks for the note - my family is doing fine, school is ending and they are all looking forward to summer. My oldest daughter is home from college and she'll be working same place I do for the summer, so we get to spend some time together on the daily trips back and forth.

Sounds like it's going well with the camera, looking forward to what you'll put on your blog.

Wet and windy can be nice sometimes (good for writing).

Thanks again for writing. I continue to pick up PD James stories, which I'm enjoying.

Steve

5/28/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
Funny that you just got the Gladwell books (what's with his hair?). I happen to be partway through Blink right now. Planning on Tipping Point afterwards. We'll have to talk next week when I'm there...
Looking forward to seeing you and everybody.
Gwen

5/29/2007  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Gwen -
Funny that we're both reading this. Last night I started reviewing calc to be able to help N. as she's taking a math course over the summer. Will be good to see you and hear about your recent travels.
Steve

5/29/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter